This week Senior Pastor Marty Grubbs continued in our series, Radical: Stop Playing It Safe, with a message on the Lord’s Supper, or Communion. Taking part in Communion is one of two celebrations, or rituals, along with baptism, commanded by Jesus in the New Testament. Jesus gave us this beautiful symbolism of his body broken for us, and his blood spilled for us—a radical love only Jesus could give.
• Communion reminds us Jesus didn’t come to make bad people good; he came to give dead people life.
• Communion reminds us how much he loves us.
• Communion reminds us, and demonstrates, how much we love him.
• Communion helps us love what Jesus loves.
• Communion reminds us we have been given life.
• Communion reminds us he died for our freedom from things that have held us in bondage, that keep us from experiencing life in him.