This week, Senior Pastor Marty Grubbs, continued in our series, Fruit of the Spirit, focusing on patience. The deeper your faith, the more patience you have for others. But what is patience? How do you get it? And what gets in the way of it?
• Waiting without complaint.
• Tolerance or the intolerable.
• A sense of calm based on the belief that God is in control.
• Christ-centered contentment.
• An indicator of your spiritual condition.
Why we are impatient:
God in his patience continues to extend his grace to us. When we fall back into the same habitual sin that we’ve fallen into a thousand times before, when we fail to learn a lesson that God is trying to teach us, when we mistreat one of his children whom he loves, God is still there, extending grace, forgiving, restoring.